One day Cain and Abel offered sacrifices to God.
God respected Abel's sacrifice. But He did not respect
Cain became angry. God told him to do what was right
so that he would be accepted. If Cain did not do what
was right then he would sin. God told Cain to rule over sin.
Cain talked with Abel and they went out in the field.
Cain killed Abel.
Later God asked Cain: "Where his Abel?"
Cain said that he was not his brother's keeper.
But God knew that Cain had killed Abel.
God punished Cain. He could not be a good farmer anymore
and he would be a criminal forever.
God loved Cain. Cain was afraid that people would hurt him.
So God gave him a special mark so that no one would kill him.
1. What were the names of Adam and Eve's first two sons?
2. What did Cain and Abel do for a living?
3. Did God respect Abel's sacrifice? Did God respect Cain's sacrifice?
4. Why did Cain become angry?
5. What did Cain do to Abel?
6. Did God love Cain? Did God punish Cain for killing Abel?
BACK to Bible Stories With Questions
More Bible Stories
Bible Story Hour HOME